Monday, January 3, 2011

Didn't Know How Blessed

Thank you to everyone who came to my going away party yesterday. I didn't realize how blessed I was with how many people in my life truly love me. Yesterday, I experienced a whole new level of closeness with people in my life.

Now that the party has passed and I am one step closer to getting on the plane, I want to share some of the "advice" I have been given by friends and family. Some of it is true advice and others...well, you'll understand...
  1. Don't dance
  2. Don't walk around by yourself at night
  3. Don't be afraid to pepper spray someone that makes you uncomfortable
  4. Don't use the thumbs up or ok gestures
  5. Try not to stand out (a bit hard w/ my blond hair & blue eyes & pale skin)
  6. Soak up every adventure
  7. Update this blog often
  8. Don't forget the people who helped you get here, they are part of the experience
  9. Stay open to whatever opportunities God presents you with
  10. Don't forget to call your parents!
  11. Save your pictures onto your computer every night (just in case)
  12. Always stay aware of the people around you
  13. Be open to the people
  14. Don't always play the teacher role (Learn from others)
  15. If you do go dancing, try covering every part of your body (modesty is sexy ;) )
My flight leaves on Wednesday night and I'm about half way packed but 100% excited! After talking to several people who have traveled and seen other parts of the world, I couldn't be more ready for this new adventure. I look forward to sharing with all everything that God is doing in Chile!!

Newest development: I will be spending my first week helping at a summer camp in Las Cabras! The weather for this week does not dip below 80 degrees =D

No comments:

Post a Comment