Friday, January 7, 2011

This One Time, At English Camp...

1.7.11          8:25pm
Tomorrow, I will be leaving for a week in Las Cabras, Chile to volunteer at a summer camp designed for high school students who are very motivated to learn and use English with native speakers (i.e. me!)

After a short walk to a large building, we received all of the information about how these camps will be run. I can't express in words the excitement and anticipation for this coming week. The number one goal is to create a very fun and creative environment. Also, the camp I am working at is a "Technical Program" camp. In other words, I will be working with students in hospitality and tourism programs!! I can't wait to see what I will get the chance to learn from these intelligent students!

Breakfast this morning was nothing but bread, marmelade, and coffee/tea. I knew it would be quite a few hours before I'd get a chance to eat again, so I ended up carboloading =/ Thankfully, I was able to enjoy a nice big salad with lots of veggies for lunch!

I ended up having to unpack all of my luggage and repack it to have my summer and winter clothes in different bags and also to pack for the camp. Enjoy a short video showing you the mess I made =D

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you got a great hostel! Good luck with camp and I'm glad to see that you made it there alright. :)

    Love you!!!!!!!!

    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness I got dizzy at the beginning! Love it! hope you are have a blast this week. lucky kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nate says that the hostel needs another name besides hostel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound very enthusiastic. So glad you are liking it so far and we'll keep you in our prayers. Sandy and Bob

    ReplyDelete