Friday, November 5, 2010

I Promise to Not Come Back the Same

I'M GOING TO CHILE!!!!!



Great news!!! I have officially been accepted as a volunteer English teacher for BridgeTEFL's English Opens Doors Program, 2011!!!!! I received the email last night congratulating me and, to be completely honest, I started crying because I got so excited. I began my day by paying the remaining balance for the program (everyone's been asking how much I'm getting paid...I'm not, I'm paying them and I know it will be more than worth it!) As soon as I got off work, I booked my flight for only $513 (all of the other flights I found were over $600)! (I'm so excited about how many reward points I will be getting because of this trip!)
 
 Countdown Begins tonight at 61 days until Chile!


Official Flight Info:
Depart LAX: 1/5/2011 @7:55pm
Arrive Lima, Peru: 1/6/2011 @ 7:30am


Depart Lima, Peru: 1/6/2011 @10:42am
Arrive Santiago, Chile: 1/6/2011 @ 4:17pm
Total Trip Time: Approximately 15.5 hours
I will arrive in Chile and be transported to the home I will stay in for the duration of the orientation. This time will include 5 excursions around Santiago ranging from English camps for kids to sight seeing. Then, we will have 3 weeks of free time in which we can take Spanish classes, tour more of Santiago, learn to dance, etc. I am hoping to find a nice Chilean family to stay with during that time so I can save my money. Although, I have been told that hostels only cost around $10 a night! I will then be transported down to my designated school and new host family to prepare for classes to begin in March!

 I honestly cannot tell you how excited I am about this opportunity. Yes, I will definitely miss my friends and family back here in the States, but we will all have such wonderful times catching up when I get back!! The trip is scheduled to end on July 29th; however I am working on plans to travel for a month or so after in Argentina and maybe a few other countries. 

I find myself so very thankful for the opportunity to explore a part of the world that many do not get to experience. God has really shown me that He cares about the things I desire and when my heart's only concern is to pursue His will, then everything will work out to His glory.

Thank you all for your continued support and prayers. I can't tell you enough how much I love and appreciate you!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats my dear sweet Lindsey! I will hold you in prayer that God will use you for His Glory!!! We will miss you but we know that you are doing what you should be doing:) XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Taryn! I will miss you so much too! <3

    ReplyDelete