Thursday, October 14, 2010

From Chili's to Chile

As many know, I've recently applied to a program through BridgeTEFL called English Opens Doors Chile. This is a program with which I am hoping to volunteer to teach English for 6 months. Originally, my hope was to go for a full year, but due to unforeseeable developments, the longest amount of time offered is 6 months. To be honest, I freaked out a little bit when I found out about the program being cut. I felt like, all of a sudden, I was not in control anymore. Then I remembered, I never was in control! See, from the beginning, this has been God's mission for me and I was just responding. Somewhere between graduation and finishing my application, I got it into my head that it was all my idea and MY trip. Boy am I glad He reminded me who is really in control. It took me a few conversations with people who knew my problem of being a bit of a control freak to be reminded where I really stand in my life and where I want to stand: always under the protecting wing of my Savior. You may wonder where I am at with it all now. Well, I have officially applied and sent in all of my documents. I am waiting to hear about a phone interview which will hopefully tell me when I'll be able to book my flight. After being accepted, I will begin my certification, which I imagine will be quite time consuming but very rewarding in the long run. Above all else, I am content in waiting on the Lord. I don't know what may happen at the end of the 6 months. Maybe things will have changed and I'll be asked to stay for another semester. Maybe I'll get connected with a missions group. Maybe I'll travel for a few months around South America. Maybe it will be time for me to come back to the States and begin God's next project for me here. The point is, there are an infinite amount of possibilities for my future, and I am so happy to leave the planning of my life's path in God's strong and capable arms.
I promise to keep everyone posted on my status of going to Chile and everything else as new developments come. Thank you for your prayers, support, encouragement, and love!

Psalm 91:4-5 "He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day."

No comments:

Post a Comment